7 Super Cool Facts About Crabs
- There are quite 4,500 species of crabs.
- Most species sleep in coastal areas of salty, fresh or brackish water.
- Crabs are super old! They showed up during the Jurassic , 200 million years ago.
- The crab is that the smallest known species. It measures between 0.27 and 0.47 inches long.
- The Japanese crab is that the biggest, measuring about 12 feet between its claws!
- Pregnancy in female crabs only last one or two weeks. Then they lay between 1,000 and 2,000 eggs!
- Groups of crabs living together are known as “casts.”
- The average lifespan of a crab is 3 to 4 years.
500g crab legs.
1/2 cup melted butter. 2 teaspoons of Creole seasoning.
2 teaspoons chopped parsley.
1 teaspoon lemon juice.
2 teaspoons minced garlic.
Lemon wedges for serving.
I preheated the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
I cut the crab legs in half, and put them on a baking tray.
In a small bowl, add garlic, melted butter, and creole seasoning, and mix well. Then I added lemon juice.
I cleaned the crab legs with this sauce and baked them until the crab legs were heated up.
To take the first place:
I used chopped parsley, and it was served with leftover butter sauce and lemon wedges.