- 6 cut in half ears of corn
- 6 (4 inch) links smoked sausage
- 12 cut in half if large red new potatoes
- 3 lbs unpeeled fresh shrimp
- 2 teaspoons per quart of water crab boil seasoning
- 3 pounds oxtails
- House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, large ones cut in 1/2
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- One 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 6 small new red potatoes, cut in 1/2
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 pot hot buttered rice
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
Fill a large pot with enough water to cover all of the ingredients. Add the crab boil and bring to a boil. Adjust the crab boil to suit your taste. When the water boils, add the potatoes and sausage. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes. Add corn and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for no more than 3 minutes. Drain and serve with warm bread.
Preheat oven to 300 to 350 degrees F.
Sprinkle the oxtails liberally with House Seasoning on both sides.
Coat the bottom of a heavy oven-proof Dutch oven with the olive oil. Once heated, add the oxtails and sear on all sides. Remove and set aside. Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the beef broth, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic cloves. Stir. Add basil, oregano, bay leaves, hot sauce, tomato sauce, and the reserved oxtails. Stir to combine all ingredients together.
Cover tightly, place in oven, and bake for 2 to 3 hours.
Remove from oven and bring to a simmer on stove top. Add the sweet onion wedges, red potatoes, garlic and carrots to the pot. Cover and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, roughly 15 minutes.
Serve oxtails with the vegetables over hot buttered rice.
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.