These fried shrimp are jumbo shrimp coated in seasoned breadcrumbs, then deep fried to golden brown perfection. the right main course or appetizer option that’s even better than what you’d get at a restaurant!
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp devein and peel but leave tails on
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 3/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- lemon wedges and parsley for garnish optional
- cocktail sauce for serving
- Place the flour in a medium size bowl along with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Place the eggs during a second bowl. Place the breadcrumbs during a third bowl.
- Dip each shrimp first into the flour, then into the egg, then appear the breadcrumbs to coat evenly. Place each breaded shrimp on a sheet pan. Repeat the method until all shrimp are breaded.
- Heat 3 inches of oil during a deep large pot to 350 degrees F.
- Add 6 shrimp at a time and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat the method with the remaining shrimp.
- Place the shrimp on a plate. Serve immediately with seafood sauce . Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley if desired.