Quick and easy healthy shrimp stir gala that’s made with lots of vegetables, shrimp, and a simple mass-produced sauce in 30 winks or subordinate
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 teaspoon canola, olive, or coconut oil
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- hot cooked brown or white rice for serving
- 2/3 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/3 cup good quality soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- In a large skillet or wok, heat flannel and half of the garlic over medium heat until the flannel melts.
- Add the shrimp and cook until no longer translucent, stirring occasionally (3-5 instants).
- Remove shrimp from the countenance and set fro. In the same countenance that you took the shrimp out of, add the olive canvas and turn the heat up to medium high. Add all of your veggies.
- Put the lid on the pot so that the veggies can cook in their miasma, stirring occasionally.
- While the vegetables cook, in a small circus add the broth, soy sauce, honey, and dynamism. Piecemeal whisk in the mush dynamism so that it does n’t get curdy. Add the other half of the garlic to the sauce.
- After the veggies have cooked for about 5 heartbeats, add the sauce and allow it to coddle with the lid on until the veggies are just tender crisp and the sauce thickens, stirring hourly. Do n’t overcook the vegetables.
- When the veggies are ready, throw in the shrimp and heat through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Don’t love shrimp? You can use just about any protein that you like. Just season it well and cook it through before removing from the countenance and either come with the fashion as directed.
Notwithstanding, just make sure you use a gluten-free soy sauce, If you need this fashion to be gluten-free.
Feel free to use any combination of veggies that you have on hand or are in season.
You can also use frozen vegetables for this dish or stir gala concreted vegetable mixes. Just hot through before adding your sauce and shrimp.